Tuesday, March 2

a radio with the speakers blown...


Okay, so I'm going to take a little break from all the nursing stuff to talk about some music. Now, anyone that knows me knows that music is a big part of my life. I study with music, I get ready with music playing- let's just say I'm listening to music pretty much all the time. Some of my best memories are from various concerts, and I definitely wouldn't have made it this far into school if it weren't for my study mixes.

I went to The Hood Internet concert this past Friday (hence the picture), and it pretty much made my week. I get the same kind of feeling from live music that I do from working out, it just makes me giddy and genuinely happy. In my mind there is no better way to de-stress from school than to plug in my iPod and blast my favorite songs.

So I just thought I would enlighten y'all to some of my favorite music right now, specifically some of my favorite duets, just because! (and maybe to expand you're music interests).

So first off is actually a local band right out of Omaha, The Good Life. The song is called Inmates, and I really like the sound of these two together and the simplicity of the song.

Second comes Yankee Bayonet by The Decemberists.

And of course I need to mention some Brad Paisley and Alison Krauss in Wiskey Lullaby. By far this is one of my favorites of all time, hands down.

Paperweight by Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk is one that I just recently discovered, but it's been on repeat on my iPod since I downloaded it.

And just because I am obessesed with Heidi Klum I have to add this one where she duets with her husband, Seal. It's called Wedding Day, and it's actually not that bad!

Then of course there is one of my favorite bands, Snow Patrol teaming up with Martha Wainwright in Set Fire to the Third Bar.

I love me some Imogean Heap, and Blue October, so Congratulations off of Blue October's Foiled CD makes the list. Such a heartbreaking song.

Lastly, comes Where the Stars Go Blue by Bethany Joy Lenz and Tyler Hilton. Now, I know Tim McGraw also sang this song, but I believe that these two do a much better job than Tim did by himself.

So sit back, and enjoy the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment