Wednesday, April 21

I have been changed for good

A recap of Junior year:
-I learned how to destroy entire wheel (and rim), with the help of a few potholes.
-I learned how to insert an IV (on a plastic arm).
-I drove to and from Omaha many times.
-I got to watch a surgery first hand.
-I learned that I never EVER ever want to work in long term care.
-I dominated care management. hands down.
-I managed to make it through another year without a single all-nighter.
-I saw a life come into the world.
-I got not 1, not 2 but THREE flat tires.
-I really, really enjoyed Pediatrics.
-I decided that winter really isn't my thing.
-I realized that all that Spanish in high school really was kind of important.
-I finished up my term as House Chairman in Kappa
-I had my very first clinical patient, whom I will never forget
-I learned that I like change.
-I came to the conclusion that OB, Long Term Care, Psych really aren't for me.

There are of course many, many other aspects of this past year that make it memorable, but most can't be recapped in a few words. It was a very good year, and I really can't believe it's over. More importantly, I can't believe that next year is senior year. It's scary to think about, that I have to enter the real world soon. But for now it's summer, and summer time means that I'm on vacation from school, from thinking about school, from even thinking about the real world. This is my last real summer, and I plan on taking full advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment